2/13/08

Outside Reading Three

I'm undecided about what book to read for my outside reading project this quarter. It's a tie between three different books: Rebel Angels by Libba Bray, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith, and The Life of Pi by Yann Martel. Rebel Angels is an exciting novel, the sequel to A Great and Terrible Beauty, which I read earlier this year. I am already half way through it however and am wondering if I would not finish it too quickly. On the other hand, The Life of Pi has recieved rave reviews, and A Tree Grows in Brooklyn is a classic. Since we are required to read a work that is different from our previous two selections, I'm leaning toward The Life of Pi because it is a new kind of story, written in an interesting style. Regardless of my choice, I will finish Rebel Angels and then I hope to read the newly released, last installment of the series, (which my friend is reading at the moment), The Far Sweet Thing.

No comments: