2/26/08

Thesis....

This Friday I have a final essay due on The Odyssey by Homer. I choose to write about whether or not Odysseus, the protagonist, is a hero. I began by wanting to prove that he was not, in fact a hero, but when I laid out the evidence, I disproved myself, which was rather interesting to say the least. Now I have prepared a thesis that shares my exact thoughts about Odysseus: that he is a hero, but with flaws. Please comment to tell me what you think! (I've become rather worried that my thesis statements have no structure after hearing so much about Mrs. Froelich's "three part thesis" requirements....) Here it is:

Though Odysseus may often be compared to the Gods themselves, he still has many flaws; however his acts of bravery and courage overcome these imperfections, demonstrating that he is a true hero.

No comments: