9/30/07

The End of Black Boy

Wednesday night, I finished reading Black Boy. For my Enr. English 10 class, I only had to finish part one: Southern Nights. There is a second part however, called The Horror and The Glory, which I hear is very political and does not follow the same style of writing as the part one. I found the ending to part one very abrupt, as I'm sure many of my peers did. Even though the story continues, I wish the ending to Southern Nights would have given more closure.

Nevertheless, as I look back on my reading experience from this book, I liked it overall. I did find some parts repeatitive or boring, but the story was inspirational and different. I can't remember the last time I read a memoir, if ever, but I enjoyed the thought while reading that these events actually happened and the author really felt these feelings. It was especially neat when I could relate to the main character, Richard's, feelings.

No comments: