10/14/07

Bloggin'

So, we didn't do a ton in english class this week, mostly just finished up The 400 Blows. On Friday we had a "blog day", where we basically worked on our blogs and commented on our peer's. It was fun and relaxing, and I am using this post to thus reflect on my blogging so far this year. I really enjoy it. It's fun to reflect on the things we work on in class, and then go more in depth by sharing your thoughts and/or comparing it to your own life. Easy points! (That is, if I'm getting full credit for this...) Soon, I assume I will be blogging about All My Sons. I have no idea what this book is about, but I hope it is fiction, for that is my favorite genre of book.

There is one more thing I would like to mention in my post however, Zephyrus. The first issue was released this week, and overall I thought it was great! My favorite article was written by Colin Fish and titled "Automatic doors open all eyes to bathroom secrets." However, there is thick controversy in the air about pages six and seven, "Boys and Girls." Many people have focused on Trevor Aufderheide's inappropriate article, "Nice...shirt." Though I feel the same way, I have learned to expect nothing less from the sophomore boy, and sadly, am not surprised he wrote such a piece. I am surprised however, that the paper published it. Reading this article and the neighboring "No means no" made me squirm in my seat. Zephyrus should definitely watch what they publish to make sure that its fun and informative, instead of raunchy things that can make people self conscious and the writers/quoted students sound like jerks.

No comments: