10/14/07

WOWZA

Phew. It is 3:45 on Sunday afternoon, and I am just beginning to recover from homecoming weekend. What can I say? I haven't had that much fun in a long time! Jumping up and down to the beat, flashing light disorienting you while you get sucked into the hot, sweaty crowd and lose yourself to the music. The vibe in enthralling and even though your hair frizzes and your dress wrinkles, you never know who you might end up dancing next to in the packed room. If you haven't figured out by now, I'm describing my first high school dance. I had an absolute blast going with my girlfriends! We started out with an awesome pre-party photo shoot, and the rest is history. Experiencing my first dance reminds me of my outside reading book, Until They Bring the Streetcars Back. Seriously. Throughout the book, Cal attends many dances, and recently, has begun going with Lola, his major crush. However, the situation is sticky because its implied that Lola and Tom (Cal's friend who she was in a relationship with for some time) still have feelings for each other. The couple only broke up because Tom's dad did not want him dating Lola anymore. So, Lola starts going with Cal, only to meet up with Tom there. But when Lola and Cal share kiss, Cal cannot figure out how Lola feels about him or Tom anymore, which leaves him frustrated and confused.

Surprisingly enough, I found time to read a couple chapters of my book this weekend after the football game Friday. During these short chapters, the one event that captured my attention the most was Gretchen telling Cal that he had to 'see' what her father does to her in order for the police to believe her story. Cal is horrified by the fact of watching Gretchen being tortured, but at the same time wants to help her. I have no doubt that Cal will find a way to see what is happening with Gretchen, but the real question is.... what will he see?

1 comment:

usasha92 said...

hiya cat. i like the way you describe your experiences. it has me intrigued.