10/30/07

Prediction....

We've begun reading the play All my Sons by Arthur Miller in English class. We just finished Act II, where we find out that Joe Keller, the main character, is guilty for selling faulty airplane parts- which resulted in the death of twenty one soldiers. Chris Keller, Joe's son, believed his father to be innocent all this time, and is shocked to discover he was wrong. Additionally, Chris's fiance, Ann, has a brother who knows Joe is guilty and wants to take Ann away from the Keller's- especially since their father is in jail because of Joe's stunt.

In Act III, which we will read tomorrow, I believe that Ann will leave with her brother, and that Chris will join them. I want for Larry (Chris's deceased brother from the war and Ann's former lover) to come back home- because Mrs. Keller believes he is still alive. However, this type of thing never happens in the plays or books we read for English class, so I am settling for predicting that Chris, George, and Ann will abandon the Keller residence instead.

1 comment:

usasha92 said...

Almost right, Catherine :) haha kidding I won't give away the ending. Since I already know what happens, I will stop writing now before I give anything away. I kinda went crazy on your blog tonight, too. <3 <3 [just wanted to see if the hearts work on blogging like they do on visage-livre]