10/7/07

Les Quatre Cent Coups

In English class this week, we began the film unit after finishing writing our own memoirs. I immensely enjoyed writing my memoir. It was a good change of pace to write a story from the heart rather than quoting books in essays. I really hope we have more writing assignments like this throughout the year.

In other news, like I mentioned before, we began our film unit and watching "Les Quatre Cent Coups" or "The Four Hundred Blows". This old french film from 1959 is a memoir by Francois Truffaut. My class watches the movie with subtitles, and though I speak french, the actors talk so quickly I sometimes miss what they're saying! However, I get the gist of it and like not needing to read the subtitles. The movie follows a troubled young boy who decides to run away from home. The boy's family life is unstable; his mother seems to be cheating on his father, and the two parents often fight. I must await for Monday to discover how to film ends, so.... until then!

No comments: